If you haven’t dealt with international trade before, the business of importing your goods into the UK might seem like a bit of a challenge.
It is a good idea to appoint a freight forwarder with the required knowledge and experience to assist you with your shipments.
Not only can a good freight forwarder arrange the actual shipment for you from A to B, but they should be able to impart some useful advice when it comes to buying your goods abroad.
When buying your goods, here are some pointers that you may wish to think about before signing anything with a supplier:
– Ensure you know how much your goods are going to cost;
– Make sure you know how much it is going to cost to transport your goods to your warehouse;
– Make sure you investigate as to whether there are any restrictions on the goods you wish to import into the UK (an experienced freight forwarder will be able to advise);
– Ensure that your contract of purchase is sound;
– Make sure that you will get your goods once you have paid, or have legally agreed to pay.
These are just a few pointers to consider when looking to import into the UK. If you are at this stage, then it will be worth contacting a freight forwarder to obtain a quote for the importation of your goods. An experienced freight forwarder will be able to offer you a variety of different levels of shipping services – for example, a comprehensive service from door to door, including all insurance, customs clearance, VAT & Duty payments to HMRC etc, or just an aspect of your shipment, for example just the ocean freight.
If you’re looking to import goods into the UK, then contact Mercator Cargo today, our family-run business can offer you support and advice when it comes to importing for the first time – Tel. 02392 756 575. Email: email@example.com.
Request a Quote for Importing into the UK
Tags: first time importer, freight forwarder, freight forwarder uk, freight forwarding, freight forwarding into uk, freight forwarding uk, import into the uk, import into uk, importing for the first time, importing into the uk, importing into uk