As the UK’s export market grows, first time exporters are looking to the States for business opportunities. Shipping goods to the USA from the UK has many benefits to a growing company. Obviously the biggest impact exporting has on a small to medium business is the growth in revenue and increased production as a result of demand for the goods.
There are also specific benefits to trading with the USA:
- There is no real language barrier. Admittedly, the international business language is English, but still it can be challenging dealing with a business partner who’s native tongue is not English;
- The time difference between the UK and the USA are not too great to disrupt communication. New York time is 5 hours behind the UK, and the biggest difference is the West Coast, where the time difference is about 8 hours;
- Sea freight sailings to the USA are relatively straight forward, and do not take as long as Australia for example (up to 50 days). Sea freight sailings vary from 7 days to New York to 31 days to Los Angeles;
- There are daily air freight departures from the UK to all over the USA, so no matter where your goods are destined, there is likely to be an international airport nearby for your goods to arrive at;
- The USA is a vast country with a huge population of over 300 million. If you can break into this market, there is a huge opportunity for your small business to grow to be bigger and better than ever;
- Without being stereotypical, the Americans are fans of the British. If you have a British made product, whether it is chocolates or furniture, you may be onto a winner.
We are a family-run and managed shipping agent, our team of experienced export freight forwarders deal with shipping to the USA on a daily basis. Whether your goods require transit via sea or air freight, we can offer a comprehensive freight forwarding service for your shipping to the USA.
Give the export team a call today to discuss your freight forwarding needs for shipping to the USA, we can provide you with a quotation and advice relating to your shipment with us – Tel. 02392 756 575. Email: email@example.com.