Are you looking for a price to send a shipping container to Australia from the UK? You can complete our quote form here and one of our export team will contact you with costings. In order for us to provide you with an accurate price for sending a shipping container to Australia, we will need to know the following information:
– The pick-up point in the UK of your cargo;
– Whether you require assistance to pack the shipping container;
– The nature of the goods (so that we are able to advise on special requirements (if any) for example documents, fumigation, or whether the goods are restricted for import into Australia);
– Whether you require us to arrange delivery of your shipping container ‘to door’ in Australia (and if so, the ZIP code for this);
– Whether you are responsible for customs clearance of the goods;
– Whether you are responsible for paying any import taxes in Australia;
– Whether you require marine insurance on the goods;
– And finally when your goods are ready, or a time limit you have to get the shipping container to Australia (transit time via sea freight from the UK to Australia is approximately 50 days – it’s a long way! – If your shipment is more urgent, we can look at air freight as a speedier alternative).
Don’t be put off by the long list of information we require, the more information we know and the better we understand your shipment, the more likely we are able to offer you a smooth transit of your shipping container from the UK to Australia.
If you are shopping around for a freight forwarder, be weary if these questions are not asked upon quotation (as there may be hidden charges). When Mercator provides you with a price for your shipping container to Australia, generally it will be broken down so you know exactly what is and isn’t included in your quotation.
To discuss your shipping container to Australia, give the export team a call and they will be able to assist you – Tel. 02392 756 575. Email: email@example.com.